Monday, May 9, 2011

Guest Post: Great Recipe!!

Boo-Boo’s Banana Bake:

I think my dogs are catching on that Saturdays + Mom not working = homemade dog treats.
This weekend I decided to make a dog treat with banana, because I had one lone banana in the house, looking like it needed to be used for something.

The ingredients:
• 1 ½ cup oatmeal
• ¾ cup wheat flour
• 1 egg
• 1/8 cup oil
• ¼ cup honey
• ¼ cup milk
• 1 mashed banana

Directions:
First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees. I blended the liquid ingredients, mashed banana and egg. Then I added in the oatmeal and flour. Next, spread the mix onto a greased pan (or pizza pan) and bake for 25-30 minutes.

When done, remove it from the oven to cool and cut into shapes or strips. I’m going to refrigerate mine.

Now for the fun part…did the picky, peanut butter loving St. Bernard (who has a million nicknames including Boo-Boo) like it?? Looks like we’ve got a winner this time around because both of my dogs loved the treats! If you’ve got a little time, give these treats a try. Later, Dog!

Name: Jennifer Grathwohl, Co-Founder of www.LaterDog.com

About LaterDog.com: Where Dog Lovers Find the Perfect Sitter! We’re a free website that allows pet owners to search for pet sitters by zip code and then read reviews about them before booking. Check us out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment